Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #2: February 2015

For more information about Stitch Fix, click here!  If you're interested in trying it out yourself, please consider using my referral link.  I will obviously love you forever :).

My 2nd Stitch Fix box arrived early! Yay! I can't even explain how excited I get over receiving my box each month & this month was even better than the last!  I felt like my stylist really "got" me this time & I could tell she had checked out my Pinterest board. This time around, I requested dark wash jeans (skinny or bootcut), tops for both work & the weekend, & a jacket (I think). Next month, I'm going to save a copy of my note to my stylist so I can remember exactly what I said. So here we go...

Market & Spruce Corinna Striped Dolman Top ($48)



This was pinned on my Pinterest page & I was very excited to see it included. I really liked this top in person & the material was so soft. I also really liked the length & the color, which was a darker gray, so it didn't wash me out. HOWEVER, the material was very thin & seemed as if it could get caught on something very easily - which doesn't work for me with my 2 dogs who are famous for their destruction :). Also, it did hug my middle a bit, which I didn't love. I seriously thought about keeping it, but in the end, decided I would never actually end up reaching for it. Verdict: SENT BACK

Mavi Gold Aiden Ankle Length Skinny Jean ($138)



I loved the dark wash & style of these jeans. However, I felt it was too much to spend on jeans while I'm still losing baby weight & unhappy with my body. I would have preferred a higher rise also - I felt the waistband hit me at an odd place. I'm still without comfortable skinny jeans, though, so I've been questioning whether I should have just kept them. Verdict: SENT BACK

Kut from the Kloth Cinda Faux Leather Moto Jacket ($98)



This fit a little snug, but there was no way I was letting it go. It was love at first sight! I love how soft the faux leather feels, the color, the style, & the adorable lining. I can't wait to wear it once it warms up a little around here. Verdict: KEPT!!!

Market & Spruce Elissa French Terry Striped Moto Jacket ($74)



I was surprised at how much I loved this jacket! I really like the darker gray & the asymmetrical zip. I also love how it can be worn as a blazer. It was a little snug & the zipper seems flimsy, but I couldn't let this go. Verdict: KEPT

Rune Porter Legging ($38)

I didn't even take a picture of these. They are your basic black leggings. I did try them on, but I have other leggings I like better & it was too much to spend on leggings that I didn't love. They were also a little snug in the waist. I actually updated my profile after this stating that I'd prefer not to receive leggings in the future. Verdict: SENT BACK

Overall, I LOVED this fix.  Everything was totally my style & I felt Michelle really understood what I was looking for.  The sizing was my fault - I'm just at such a weird, in-between place so sizing issues are going to happen with me. I did request the same stylist for next time.

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, Target has had a sweater almost identical to that first stripey grey top on clearance for like $8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! I'm glad I didn't keep it. Looking back at pictures - I think I definitely look pretty wide. Just not a style that works for me.

      Delete