Tuesday, February 3, 2015

So Many Appointments...

This kid knows more doctors in 3 months than I've ever met with in my entire life. I'm grateful for them & I appreciate what they do for him, but keeping it all straight is wearing. Last week he had a follow-up eye appointment to make sure he still hasn't developed ROP from being on oxygen after his premature birth. This week we are meeting with Early Intervention (2 different therapists are coming to evaluate him & make a plan) & he also has his 4-month check-up. Next week we meet with the geneticist & also attend the Down's syndrome follow-up clinic (where we will see a dietitian, speech therapist, occupational therapist, etc. all in 1 day).  It's a lot to keep track of.

I know it's not going to get any easier & I've gotten really good at keeping it all straight - but I admit, I'm still terrified that I'm going to screw up one day & he's going to miss an important appointment. I know we can always reschedule, but as a working mom & 1-car family (for now), this is easier said than done. So far so good - fingers crossed it continues.

1 comment:

  1. That is a LOT to keep track of, I would also be worried about forgetting something. I have faith you'll keep it straight and if you don't at some point you can always reschedule, like you said. We're only human, you can only do the best you can do.

    ReplyDelete