Monday, February 2, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #1: Jan 2015
















My first package from Stitch Fix arrived & I swear, I woke up feeling like it was Rex Manning day. I was SO PUMPED to receive my first package from Stitch Fix! I had no idea what to expect! If you haven't heard of Stitch Fix, click here for a description of the service & reasons why I felt it would be worth it to sign-up. If you're interested in signing-up, please consider using my Referral Link.

Okay, here we go!  Please forgive my first attempt at mirror selfies.  I do not think it's my forte, so I will see if I can bribe my husband into taking pictures for me next time. However, this time, only my dogs will be assisting.


Octavia Bobbie Stripe Color Block Scarf ($34)















The first thing I pulled out was this scarf. I thought $34 for a scarf seemed a bit high, but I loved how versatile and soft it was. I thought at first that it was gray, but it's actually a soft green. Verdict: Kept


RD Style Keira Crew Neck Split Back Knit Top ($48)

Liverpool Anita Skinny Pant ($78)

I'll start with the top. This was wonderful. I would NEVER pick this up for myself & would probably even assume that it wouldn't work on me. I loved it on!  I love the gray/black pattern - neutral, but still interesting. I loved how it fit me - it actually slims me, even in the back (you can see the back in my awkward backward selfie pic above - you're welcome!). This was my favorite thing in my fix & a fantastic addition to my postpartum wardrobe that still makes me feel stylish & sexy. The price is great, but honestly, I would have paid more for it! I am willing to pay for things that I really love & fit me well. Update: Wore this top to work already & got several compliments! Verdict: Kept!


I like these pants a lot. They are just a LITTLE tight in the waist, but since they are stretchy, this is not really an issue. I'm finding I do like the more high-waisted stuff right now because of my postpartum belly. They are a little long on me, which is why I ALMOST didn't keep them, but I prefer them to my black leggings (but they are just as comfortable), so I decided to keep them. Update: They easily stretched & fit more than fine in the waist now. However, although I've worn them since & will continue to, I think they'll be too big in a month at most. Not 100% sure they were worth the money since I'm still in the process of losing the baby weight. Verdict: Kept


Andrew Marc Kinley Anorak Jacket ($148)

I actually really loved this jacket. However, I decided not to keep it for a few reasons. It was just a touch too big on me - which would be okay, except I'm in the process of losing weight & I'm afraid it would hang on me too much by the time I am able to wear it (Spring). Which brings us to reason #2 - it's the middle of Winter in Chicago!  Therefore, I thought it was a strange choice for right now.  Also, again, I live in Chicago (where it's always slushy & gray) & having a coat in white (no matter how easy it is to clean) is pretty risky. I know I'd get it dirty the very first time I tried to wear it out. I did like the style, however. Despite the high price for an unlined jacked, I MIGHT have kept it if it fit a touch smaller & was in a different color (maybe navy or olive). Maybe we can try again in the Spring? Verdict: Returned

Collective Concepts Lydia Floral Print Key-Hole Blouse ($68)
This is a really pretty blouse, although I'm not usually a huge floral fan. But I do love the blue. However, it just looked odd on me. I think maybe I'm too short-waisted, busty, & curvy so it doesn't hang quite right. Verdict: Returned

Overall, I totally loved this experience. I think my stylist did a great job. I would have liked to see more earth tones, a winter jacket, or maybe a pair of jeans, but I think it was a great mix of stuff for a 1st fix. Hopefully my feedback will help my stylist nail down my style more, while still pushing me out of my comfort zone.

My next fix is scheduled to arrive 2/20/2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment